Sunday, January 19, 2014

Lists and planning for the future

"You cannot run away from weakness; you must some time fight it out or perish; and if that be so, why not now, and where you stand?"
Robert Louis Stevenson

Robert Louis Stevenson was dying most of his life, but he kept on writing anyhow, giving us Treasure Island and Kidnapped.  

So I keep on plugging away, too.

I think the tumor is shrinking, probably because of the steroids, I certainly think my typing is improving and I can now carry on conversations without slurring my words.  However,the tumor still will have to be removed eventually.  I have heard of outstanding results. 

So I take lots of naps, get some headaches, but I move on. 

One thing I started doing this morning was to start a journal in cursive to push at the peripheral edges of my work.  Eventually, I want to drive a car again.  We continue to go for testing to see what is happening. 

Mostly, I look at my constant lists of things I want to accomplish and work on them. Some are simply like clearing he bulletin board today.  

Others are lists that aim toward spring.  Today I planted more forced tulips and daffodils in pots.  There are already shoots coming up.  Then I asked Gary to set up shelves so I could start some tomato plants from seeds.  He thinks that is crazy, but it makes me happy so why not?  

I set up a bucket list of things I want o accomplish before I kick the bucket.  That includes at least four more books.   

I want to finish my imaginary trip around the world.  I am currently approaching Paris.  Some 5,000 miles more and I will be back in the USA.  Today, Gary took me shopping so I could walk around some big stores, eventually walking two miles.  

So I am often tired, but I fight where I stand.



No comments:

Post a Comment