Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Moing On Again

By Friday, I must be in Milwaukee or the final test before surgery.  There is so much to do before then, so Gary and I have been getting busy.

Today, we shopped for supplies.  We now have  standing calendar o help keep all of the appointments straight.

Then we went to see our attorney who had all the wills written, Gary's and mine.  I don't expect to die on the operating table, bu I've always thought we should have wills and this was the excuse.

Then Chris needed power of attorney on health issues.  I had to think about my instructions.  When should he pull the plug?  Organ donations?  Nursing home or not.  Decisions, decisions about what to do with my body.
Then there were financial forms.  Gary deserves money should this house be sold since he contributes so much.  More form.  It was an afternoon of thinking things through.

The attorney suggested I write my obit and funeral instructions, too.  More projects.


Then when we came home, mail that requires my attention.  I now have everything I need o get my taxes done so that is tomorrow's job.  There are some bills I have to pay though not many.  I've kept on top of things that way.

I've been assigned  a caseworker for Medicaid but there seems to be confusion about that since it refers o children and food stamps.  I'll have to get that straightened out.

Good thing here are no meetings or tests tomorrow.  It looks like I will have to spend the day on paperwork.

I want my desk clear by Friday.  I have two days









No comments:

Post a Comment