Monday, January 20, 2014

Moving Forward - Money

As Gary and I move forward on this tumor thing, we realize we could go broke, so today we worked on getting it all together.  Face it, my friends couldn't have enough bake sales to raise the money.

This morning we went to see about heat assistance.  I didn't think we would need it and so far have managed the energy bills, but the Arctic Vortex came down and it was one bill too many.  We had wonderful service from Energy Assistance.  We'll get through the winter just fine. An old storytelling friend, Chuck Larkin, used to work on that program when he worked for the federal government.  I though of his enthusiasm for the program while we waited.  In that spirit, I entertained a child waiting with his mother and was pleased I could remember all the words to 'My Brother Eats Bugs".  Perhaps my brain is working after all.

We've had a call from our brain doctor and will have to meet with him tomorrow.  On Friday, more testing in Milwaukee.

Before that, I need to have a phone conference about a supplement to Medicare  through the Affordable Care Act.  Our President may be saving my life.

Of course that makes me on of Romney's "takers" but I don't buy up companies and fire people.  I just sing songs and tell stories to children.

I think there is some value in that.








No comments:

Post a Comment