Saturday, April 7, 2012

Plans

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day.

Gary and I will get up at 5:00 am so that he can get an early start to Dixon, Illinois. He's going there to help his aunt with her yard work. He should be on the road by 6:00.  Then I have to hide some eggs for Evan's Easter egg hunt and clean the house.

At the same time, I have to start Easter dinner because Chris, Tisha and Evan will be here after church. I am a bit concerned about it because though I can get the scalloped potatoes and ham in the oven, I have no idea how long the church service will take.  While the rest of the meal is easy enough to prepare ahead of time, without Gary there to keep an eye on on the pan, the potatoes could wind up either burned or under-cooked.  Besides the Easter celebration, we are having communion, there is a baptism, and a reception of new members.  If there's a short sermon, no problem, but what are the odds of that?

I may slip away during the sermon, come home (only four blocks away), check on the meal, and go back in time to play the offertory with the organist and direct the choir in the benediction.  Or...I'll ask the choir to do a three Amen benediction and have the organist give them their cues and I'll leave early.

Whatever I decide, the first order of business is to get to bed early so I have plenty of sleep.







No comments:

Post a Comment