Monday, April 2, 2012

Gardening

Two years ago, I was walking with a cane and wearing a knee brace and couldn't get into my garden.  Last year we had rain or snow almost through Memorial Day and with all the mud, I couldn't finish clearing, and planting didn't happen either.

Now with a warm spring and a lovely piece of equipment Gary gave me, I am once again enjoying gardening.
When the Yardworks bench is in this position, I can sit and work on things like pruning bushes.  When I flip it over,
it becomes a nice soft  kneeler.  The bars on the side make it easier for me to get up and down.  (I am, after all 68 years old.)

When this equipment isn't in use, it easily folds up and hangs on a nail in the garage. 

Clearing flower beds gives me the chance to take out any frustrations or aggravations out on the weeds.  I particularly like going after dandelion roots and slicing out the junk trees and shrubs.  There's a lot of yanking and digging involved, so I am getting a great upper body strength workout.   

So I continue working from one bed to another.  I should have the entire job done by the end of the month. 



No comments:

Post a Comment