Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sickness and Health

Gary has a cold or flu today, we're not sure what.  He's coughing and sneezing and generally doing yucky stuff.  He has been sleeping much of the day and will take Theraflu to get through the night.

He doesn't want me to do anything. He actually has a "do not disturb" sign on the bedroom door.

This is fine with me, because with such a beautiful day, I've been outside working on the gardens.  The bright sunshine is making me feel so good. So for the moment, it's Gary's sickness and my health.

My worry is that by the weekend it will be my sickness and then how will I get through Easter services? I've suffered through services like that before and it isn't pleasant.  I'm hoping that the flu shot I got in November will still be effective.

*****

Wade Peterson and I have been writing weekly short stories for our Black Coffee Fiction blog since September.  We now have a total of 28 stories between us.  Our next plan is to put together a short story collection and self publish it as both an e-book and a paperback by October.  So this week we began to select the stories.  We're thinking about holding back on the depressing Christmas stories and making them into another book later on.

We are asking our readers to give their opinions. Are there any stories that they particularly liked?   Check them out at http://blackcoffeefiction.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment