Thursday, April 5, 2012

Health

Gary and I have been on a health kick lately.  We go to the fitness center three times a week to lift weights to work on our upper body strength. I've been adding weight to my regimen all winter. I can tell it's helping now that I am gardening and lifting brush.

Gary is walking on a treadmill.  I walk around town and use a recumbent bike.

He's cutting down on cholesterol, I'm watching my calories. We try to eat the proper servings of fruits, vegetables, dairy and nuts. We eat whole grain bread. We eat fish twice a week and have cut down on red meat. We both take vitamins.

Gary seldom has a problem with sleep but getting enough sleep can be a problem for me.  I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night, but I've learned that I can simply be awake for an hour or two then go back to sleep.  During those hours, I read, do sudoku puzzles, or make notes about whatever story I am writing.There's always a pad of paper with a pen next to my bed. There's always a nap in the afternoon if I need it.

So here we are, doing everything right.  Why does he have a cold?

No comments:

Post a Comment