Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Frustration

I finished the re-write on the proof of The Glen Valley Compact this morning.  Absolutely every thing was in place, I thought.  I had the headers and footers in place, corrected anything and everything.

I uploaded the file to Create Space.  The publishing program reviewed it and found only one minor thing wrong.  There was an extra blank page.  But I wanted a perfect book so I went back and removed the page from my document.  Suddenly both headers and footers disappeared.  I was able to find the header, but the footer disappeared along with all the page numbers.

I spent the afternoon trying to correct the footer but couldn't so decided to manually number all the pages. That took another hour.

I then uploaded the manuscript to Create Space again.  The publishing program now said the book was perfect.  Except it wasn't.  The page numbers were entirely wrong, showing up in the middle of the page instead of at the bottom.

So tomorrow is another day.  I'm sure that sooner or later I'll get it right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment