Friday, November 15, 2013

E-books and Editing

After a week of struggling with the paperback publication of The Glen Valley Compact, I got up this morning all fresh and enthusiastic.  In only and hour and a half I was able to publish the e-book version. Four hours later it was available at amazon.com:   http://www.amazon.com/Glen-Valley-Compact-Colleen-Sutherland-ebook/dp/B00GOXROCY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384563431&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Glen+Valley+Compact

No problems whatsoever. Anyone with a Kindle can order it. I'm really proud of that book.  I seen to have found my genre.  I can't see more Mary Beth O'Malley mysteries in my future.

I'm having a little trouble re-doing the e-book Decades of Love and Other Disasters.  The corrected version has been reviewing for publication since 1:00 pm.  I won't know until tomorrow if I was successful.

Tomorrow, it's back to The Glen Valley Compact paperback.  I think I can correct the page number problem, but it will likely take all morning.

Meanwhile, so far I've sold three of our recently released Black Coffee Fiction, Volume 3.  Five of my copies are at Sissy's on the local author shelf.  That leaves me with two copies, so I will be placing an order for ten more copies before the book signing on December 7.

The Christmas short stories I am beginning to work on would be easier to put into an e-book if I didn't need a table of contents.  Wade Peterson always did that in the Black Coffee Fiction books so I will need his expertise on that.

***
Wade has just published another story about a paranormal lawman and his talking knife, Balance.

http://blackcoffeefiction.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-balanced-approach.html

Balance showed up in a story Wade wrote a year ago.  He thinks the pair will eventually be a book.  But first he has to finish the novel he's working on now.

***
This morning at the fitness center, a concerned citizen urged me to run for city council again.

Then this afternoon at the grocery story, another concerned citizen urged me to run for the county board of supervisors.

What is that about?  At this point in my life, I have no intention of returning to politics.





No comments:

Post a Comment