Sunday, February 24, 2013

Photography, Video Games and Brake Lining

Chris, Tisha and Evan were here this afternoon.

The first thing I had to do was admire Evan's hand held tablet computer. He could play video games but better than that, he could draw pictures and take photos, even videos. I think I was fourteen when I first got a camera, a little box job, and here is my seven year old grandson taking photos digitally.  He had taken a photo of himself and superimposed a Mario Brother on top, which was amusing.  Then he did the same with Rascal Cat who looked very interesting with a big black mustache. Evan called the picture Meow-io.  He has inherited his father's love of puns.



Then he wanted to show me how to play Skylander but honestly, one video game looks like another, with a lot of shooting and banging. Apparently he is very good at it. I wouldn't be so I just watched. This summer, perhaps we can go on a photo shoot together.

While this was going on, Chris took a look at my car, found there was no longer any brake fluid. He went out and got some, poured it in the car and watched it leak out.  Sure enough, the problem was the brake line. Only a twenty dollar replacement part, he said, but he didn't know about labor.  He suggested I call tomorrow and make inquiries of the mechanics about labor costs.

Then we had supper at Kary's Restaurant. Evan gobbled down his meal and went back to his photography. Yes, that is something we can enjoy together.

Then they were gone.

I called Gary who said I should get the car to the mechanics right away tomorrow but that is not to be. Chris inadvertently took my car keys home with him.  It will be a day or two before I get them back.  For the time being it doesn't make much difference.  I have no plans to leave town for the next week or two. Nothing in Seymour is more than a mile from here so I can walk where I need to go. If it snows, I stay here.

See, isn't life simple?


No comments:

Post a Comment