Saturday, March 2, 2013

Healing and Thawing

Today, Chris brought my keys back and drove the car over to the mechanics.  Tisha was laughing about my self-diagnosis of Alzheimer disease when I thought he took my keys on purpose a week ago. I envisioned being thrown into a nursing home. No such thoughts today because that was February and today we are in March.

Today, after two long walks in the sunlight, I was healing.

Once a week, I put my vitamins for the week in a pill holder. In December, I was taking a St. John's wort capsule a day. In January it was two and a Vitamin D3 capsule. In February, it was three St. John's wort, a Vitamin D3 and dark chocolate and I still wasn't making it.

Today I rejoiced in a sunny day that was eleven hours and fourteen minutes long. This evening, I dropped only one St. John's wort per day in the pill holder.  That and some dark chocolate should be enough. By the end of March the remedies go into the cabinet until December.

The big snowdrifts are still out there but today was a thawing day, a good thing.  Thirteen tulips and two daffodils are in bloom on my windowsills, but by tomorrow, the petals will begin to wither and finally die. That is OK, because some time in the next one or two weeks, snowdrops will push through the snow. They won't make a big show, they are too tiny, but they will be the whisper of spring.  A week later, the crocuses will start and then there is no going back.

When the car is repaired I will drive over to the Freedom area. I hope to be in time to say good-bye to the snowy owls before they fly back to the arctic. They will leave and by the end of the month the tundra swans will be back.

Oh March, you blessed month!




No comments:

Post a Comment