Thursday, February 28, 2013

February is Over!

I've managed to survive another depressing February. It amazes me that that is even possible to get to March and all its possibilities. Tomorrow there will be eleven hours and nine minutes of daylight and on a sunny day at that.  Oh the bliss.  It will be cold of course, but not cold enough to keep me holed up in the house.  By the end of March, there will be over twelve hours of daylight. I will go from depression to an elation that lasts for months.

It looks to be a chillier March than last year's when Gary and I canoed the Wolf River on the 11th. Still the swans should be returning to the Shiocton marshes along with many other migratory birds and I will be there to watch their arrival, checking them off on my Great Wisconsin Birding and Nature Trail list.

By April 1st we may be guarding Sturgeon along the Wolf River.  Soon after that is the annual Midwest Crane Count.

One event I will miss in March is Bill Staines' concert at Mosquito Hill on March 2.  Gary will still be in Illinois and my car will be in the shop.  Bill has a new CD out, too, but I guess I will have to wait until 2014 to get that one. Meanwhile, I will listen to his songs on Spotify.

Gary says he will be going to Canoecopia a week from tomorrow, since the drive from Dixon to Madison is the same length as the drive from Seymour to Madison. He says he might find a kayak there he likes.  I don't mind not going, I hate crowds, but I am asking him to pick up some good Ontario maps I can use in July. I will be leaving on the trip directly after attending a summer solstice party.

February is gone.  Spring and summer beckon me.



No comments:

Post a Comment