Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Malady of the Season

No matter what anyone says, February is the longest month in the year. The gray skies, the snow, the cold, what's to like?

Gary laughs when I come up with the imaginary illness that comes with Seasonal Affective Disorder. Last year, I thought I had a brain tumor.  One year I convinced myself I had ovarian cancer even when I knew that after the hysterectomy, I had no ovaries.

I know it's all in my mind, but my mind doesn't function in February. This year, I came up with Alzheimers so I've gone to the all time best brain malfunction.

On Sunday, after diagnosing what's wrong with my car, Chris went home with my car keys, leaving the Mercury Sable sitting on the driveway.  He'll be back next weekend to take the car to the mechanic.

So here I am thinking he took the keys on purpose because he no longer trusts his aging Mum on the road.  Paranoia is part of SAD.  I know that, but it doesn't help.  But by the time Chris comes here on Saturday, we'll be in March, which makes all the difference in the world. There will be warmer days,  my birthday, the equinox and Easter.  

Now that's a month I can celebrate.


No comments:

Post a Comment