Monday, February 25, 2013

Tulip and Banana Bread Therapy


Seasonal Affective Disorder is an on again, off again syndrome.  Last night I was near tears.  This morning I woke up to a warm sunny day.  I was able to walk three miles around town, get into the back yard to fill a couple of bird feeders and clean up some of the miscellanous stuff in the garage.  For today I was happy. Tomorrow it might snow and I start all over.

Even in my worst state I need only look at my indoor spring garden..  As of this morning eleven tulips were in bloom in my living room window. Tisha told me yesterday that when she first saw them through the window she thought they were fake flowers. When I took this photo I saw what she meant.

They will wither of course, but by then there will be snowdrop and crocus shoots outside and the gardening season will be on.

In the meantime I am turning to cooking to keep my spirits up.  Tonight it was banana bread, made from my favorite recipe. I sliced up some strawberries because strawberries in their own juice on a slice of banana bread topped with whipped cream is one of the best treats on earth.

I'll let tomorrow take care of itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment