Sunday, November 4, 2012

One of Those Days

Today was one of those days that leads to other days just as confusing and interesting.

Today, Black Coffee Fiction, the collection of short stories Wade Peterson and I wrote this past year became available on Amazon.com and we could see our listing here:
 http://www.amazon.com/Black-Coffee-Fiction-Short-Stories/dp/1480131571/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1352075387&sr=1-4&keywords=black+coffee+fiction

I spent an hour getting the word out to friends and family and doing some announcing on various internet websites. I was feeling euphoric.  

Chris and Tisha arrived with Evan to take me out to eat.  I was just climbing into their car when Donna and Pat from Sissy's pulled up in their little red car and flagged me down. They came to tell me that the ceiling at Sissy's fell in and that it will be some time before they can reopen.  This means I have to find a new place to hold our book signing on the 14th, get posters replaced and send out new press releases with the changes, all by Friday.  

Oh well, I always say it's not that things go wrong, they do.  It's how you react when things go wrong.  I am making my lists, contacting people and figuring it all out. We'll have the book signing on the 14th, one way or another. 

So Chris, Tisha, Evan and I went on to Gallaghers for great pizza, while we went through the photos from their trip to Disney World/Epcot Center. Evan got to duel with light sabers with Darth Vader but thought the best part of the trip was the motel swimming pool.  He loves water.

So of course we went to the Seymour aquatic center next where we splashed and played for two hours.  I hadn't been in the swimming pool since my nose bleeds began in July. I didn't want to have an episode that would close the pool. I discovered my pool card had expired. I have to buy a new one, a bargain at $35 a year.

When we came home, my computer tech son went over our computers to get them running smoothly. Evan played the keyboard. Tisha and I made plans for Thanksgiving.  

Now I am at my computer eating the Snickers bars provided by Evan from his trick or treat bag and making lists of everything I have to do next week.  

----------------------
Yesterday, I talked about the electoral college and how I expected it to turn out.  There is one outcome that could really be interesting from a historical standpoint:  a tie in the electoral college something that has happened before. The election would then be sent to Congress.  The House of Representatives would decide the outcome and since it is a Republican House, the winner would be Romney.  However, the Senate is controlled by Democrats so the Vice President would be Joe Biden.  

I don't expect that to happen, however. Here's my prediction:  President Obama may not win the popular vote, especially since the heavily Democratic East Coast may have a difficult time finding polling places that aren't under water. He will win the electoral vote and will have a second term.

The Senate will be about the same, with a small Democratic majority, not big enough to overcome a filibuster. The Democrats will gain a few seats in the House of Representatives, but the GOP will have the majority.

In other words, after candidates spent billions of dollars, we'll have exactly the same government we had before.

This is not the way to run a country.








No comments:

Post a Comment