Saturday, February 25, 2012

Looking Forward Again

Yesterday, I was depressed with Seasonal Affective Disorder but things are looking up today.  Oh, there's some ritual sadness in the air, but today the sun was shining and that made a difference.

I'm still unable to concentrate on writing and that's worrisome. A friend from Ohio said she has the same problem and it is somewhat comforting to know I am not the only one.

I should have gone to a class this morning, but I told the instructor that when I am in the throes of SAD, I have a tendency to tell people to "eff" off.  I am better away from polite society.

Gary took me out shopping.  At one store, the kitty litter I bought was mis-marked with a wonderful bargain price. When I got to the checkout counter, I was charged double what was marked.  Ordinarily, if something like that happened, I would just turn it back at the checkout counter and walk away from the item, but today, I fought it all the way through customer service and got the bargain.

I am not to be trifled with in February.

So here I am tonight, still feeling blue, but comforting myself with the knowledge that I only have four February days to live through.

Today, the mail brought our wristbands for Canoecopia, an expedition in Madison.  http://www.canoecopia.com/canoecopia/page.asp?pgid=1001  On March 10, we'll be looking at the latest canoes and kayaks and finding out where the best spots are to wet our craft.  By then, SAD will be about over and I can look forward to the euphoria that spring brings.





No comments:

Post a Comment