Friday, March 18, 2011

Time for a short breather

Jacynth and Heather had a dynamite concert at Seymour's Muehl Public Library.  The party didn't break up until almost 11:00 pm, then I delivered them to a friend's house to stay the night.  This morning we went swimming at the aquatic center, then I drove them to Oshkosh to send them off with Gloria Hays, another friend, a nurse and hammer dulcimer player, who was wearing a Solidarity armband.  She's been at the state capitol since the beginning, fighting for collective bargaining for public workers.  As a nurse, she has much to lose.  Nurses don't earn enough as it is.  Gloria arranged a concert tonight for the Celtic duo.

Traffic was hectic, coming and going, with people out for spring drives, the start of a weekend, and the beginning of road construction.  At one Menasha exit we were slowed by a crash.  A big truck had flipped over, throwing beef carcasses on the road.  On my way home, there was another three car crash.

Tonight, I look forward to an early night.  Tomorrow, possible lunch with my grandson Evan and Those People He Lives With, as Gary calls my son and his wife.  Then it is off to Algoma, a pretty town off Lake Michigan, to pick J&H up after yet another concert.

I look forward to next week when nothing much is happening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment