Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Arrives

This morning we took a drive to Waupaca to pick up Gary's new van.  It's even bigger than the last one, which didn't exactly fit in the driveway.  The rear end lopped over onto the sidewalk.  This one is 26 inches longer which means my car will have to be worked deeper into the garage and the front of his van pushed inside as far as he can get it.  He would build an addition to the garage but the lot is too narrow.

This vehicle has seating for fifteen people.  Why he needs this is beyond me.  I suggested we could take protesters down to Madison on a regular basis, but that is not likely to happen.  Instead, he will re-do the interior with a bed and camping gear.  I shake my head but it is his money to do with as he likes.

Afterwards, we took a drive into spring.  In the course of an hour we saw sandhill cranes, red winged blackbirds and a robin.  I hear the turkey vultures are heading this way.  We can expect tundra swans any day.  Last year they showed up on St. Patrick's Day.  The rivers are slowly turning from ice to open water.  Our first canoe trip on the Wolf River was on March 23 last year.  As I write, Gary is affixing the canoe bars onto the top of his new van.  In theory, spring should arrived on March 20th, but I now declare the season open for business.

I just took a short run out to the gardens to see what is happening there.  The snowdrops are blooming.  I think I will put away the St. John's wort and call Seasonal Affective Disorder done for another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment