Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Getting organized.

This morning I finished sending out a sample press release, my photo, and the itinerary to all the libraries I'll be visiting this summer.  Next week, I'll start work on the theme song:  One World, Many Stories.  I have the melody, just have to write the lyrics.

The time keeps flying by.  Gary gave me a poster that reads:  "Dates on the calendar are closer than they appear."  I keep plugging away at the trip.  There are maps to make, last minute work on the car, arrangements for Rascal the Cat, and so on.  Doing a tour is almost a year long process.

Heather and Jacynth are interested on doing a library tour like mine in 2012, but I wonder if there will be money for artists then, with the Governors of so many states cutting library budgets while they give big corporations tax cuts.  The theme then will be "Night".  I wonder what that will mean for storytelling.  I would like to go to the East Coast, perhaps taking time to hike a few days on the Appalachian Trail.

When I return from the West Coast, I'll have a mere two months before I start on the 2012 tour.  

No comments:

Post a Comment