Monday, March 14, 2011

Another Rally

Yesterday I drove Jacynth and Heather to their performance at the Neenah Library.  The parking lot was almost filled and at first I thought, wow, people came early for their performance.  But the library was still locked.  Then I noticed the crowd to the east of the lot.  It was yet another union protest.

I must be getting addicted to rallies because I abandoned my friends at the front of the library and went over to chant "This is what democracy looks like!"  Some of the people had been at Saturday's rally and we compared notes.  We agreed that the newspapers were under counting the amount of people at these gatherings.

I picked up a Sierra Club sign supporting the unions as a present to Gary, a supporter.  One of the governor's aims is to gut our environmental programs in a state that has a long history of conservations.  John Muir, Aldo Leopold and Gaylord Nelson are Wisconsinites we take pride in. That sign now hangs in my living room window.

I still managed to get back to the library in time for the Caim performance.    

No comments:

Post a Comment