Saturday, February 8, 2014

Birdsk

Every day, Gary "airs" m out by taking me or a ride in the sunniest part of the afternoon.

This day we went over to Green Bay and the Pullein Plant which provides electricity for the city partly by generating power from the fast flowing Fox River whch reaches Green Bay here, but also from burning coal.  Hot water from from the plant flow off leaving open water for birds.  That makes it a winter birding spot.  


hHigh up the employees have placed boxes that lure in peregrin falcons though it is oo early for hem to be here now.  Yet it is one o ou earliest birding spots a we watch with binoculars as the young are fed bits of fish.  But not today.  If eggs hve been laid, they have not hatched.

There were birds.  In the bit of open ater, there were Canada geese, scaup and mallards.

What there were eagles, too, at least 17 of them  perched in the trees.   How were they making a living?   We assume by fishing, byubut they have friends.   On the ice was a carcass.  We assume that some of the employees are hunters who bring remains of deer.  The eagles were feasting on one.


From the Pullein Plant, we drove over the Frigo Bridge which was in danger of collapsing last year. The repairs were finished a f couple of months.  It's in fine shape now.


It was when we stopped to shop for some men's pajama bottom i ran into trouble.

On Monday, I will be issued one of those hospital gowns, the kind that leaves one's nether regions flapping. I wanted a pair of pajama bottoms o cover the rear. The problem was that I left my wallet at the counter.  Gary paid for my purchase.


Having a tumor is trouble enough.  It ha eroded my confidence.  Everything becomes incredibly difficult.

Gary has been good about taking charge of my treatment but along iwth that has come a sort of paternalism that is difficul for me to deal ith.  Today he went on and on about my purse and howI should have a different one.

I hate being told hat to do.   He sees it one way, mea nother.  But if this operation works,I am going to need some time off  to restore  who I am.







No comments:

Post a Comment