Friday, February 7, 2014

Birds,T umor, and Writing

We continue to work toward the operation on Monday.  Today the scheduling nurse called o tell me what I need to do efore I arrive.   First is to watch hat I ingest. I seem o e low on sodium.  I am to drink less water. Clohes are important.  I found agood pair of slipppers with rubber soles but Gary has to clean them up. My roe needs o go hrough he laundry.  I need some things o do, bu the umor has affected my eyesite so that requires a little thought. Everything goes into the little case I meant to take toKauai next month.  Oh well, things change.


To take my mind off things, Gary took me for a sunny drive to the Oconto Breakwater.  We've found winter birds there before.  Not so many today.  Usually, part of Lake Michigan has open water where ducks hang ou, but not today.  The lake is frozen solid.  I had hopes of at least seeing a northern shrik, but no.

Fact is, if there where ice fishermen in their shanties, they would be cleaning the fish they caught hrough the holes drilled hrough the ice.  They would hrow the innards out and he gulls would be waiting.  Not today.  It is even too cold for the ice fishermen.

But it was a sunny day.

Wisconsin is a green state but we wait or spring.  But Wiscosin's green includes the many conifers so it was still a lovely trip.  


I've been writing about authors ho kept at it in spite of health problems.  Today, I think of our most prolific American author, Stephen King.  Despite  his macular degeneration blindness, he coninues to write one book after another.  

So fter Monday, I hope to keep working on about  dozen books.


No comments:

Post a Comment