Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Countdown

This afternoon, Gary presented me with a sheet of paper with all my coming appointments.  It looks like this:

Tomorrowmorning I have my pre-operation physical with my primary MD.  I've had a lot of this kind of appointment this winter and find that winter has this advantage.  I am ready for them without  lot of worrying bout clothing.    I don't wear a bra because I can't have anything metal in the machines.  Yes there will be a CT scan tomorrow.   For the top all I need is a a turtleneck sweater, warm enough for the cool offices but with sleeves thin enough so the nurses can test my blood pressure.   Pants are fleece so they slip on and off easily.

So that is tomorrow.

The big show happens a week from today
where I will put ino into a sleep state.  At 2:15 pm the doctor starts the operation which will take around three hours.  Then it;s back to sleep.   I am sleeping this winter away and that is just fine with me.

Then a week later I'll have my first post Op and we decide what to do then during the recovery period.

And five days later it will be March.  The migrations will have started.  The tundra swans and sandhill cranes will be flying in.

I guess a brain tumor is one way to pass a Wisconsin winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment