Friday, January 31, 2014

What One Can Do

""Even if the doctor does not give you a year, even if he hesitates about a month, make one brave push and see what can be accomplished in a week."  --  Robert Louis Stevenson


I've loved that quote for most of my life, written by a man who alwayswas in anger of dying, yet pushed on to write Kidnapped and Treasure Island, plus A Child's Garden of Verses.

I am not near death, but this tumor keeps me from writing as I wish, so I am pushing myself to accomplish at least one thing a  week.


This week, I managed to get all the figures together for my tax returns.   It was important because I almost certainly will get a sizable tax refund which we will need to get that surgery done in March.

I made a list of all the paperwork I needed and began a week long search.  I needed figures on storytelling, writing, plus all the deductions I could find. This morning, I had everything and now the package of figures is ready to be mailed to my accountant in the morning.


It isn't writing .... yet.... but I am proving to myself that I can do things in increments.  Starting next week, I start my next book on coping with a brain tumor.  One idea at a time, one sentence at a time.  That book will be written.

No comments:

Post a Comment