Saturday, December 14, 2013

Christmas Memory -Final

Once all the ornaments are on the tree, it's time for the finale:  candy canes.

Even candy canes bring back the memory of our Australian Shepherd Jakedog.  Jake loved candy canes. Each morning one cane would be missing and Jake would have peppermint breath.  The candy canes remind me of the choir I once directed. We found out that candy canes were perfect for sore vocal cords.  I still keep the candy canes in my office after Christmas for the occasional bout of laryngitis.

But  that is not the end of  this Christmas memory tree saga.

In the living room is the tree that once stood on a table at Gary's father's house.
Then there's the small tree here in the office and another in my bedroom.  We ordinarily would have little trees on the deck but winter came before we had time.

We are awash in lights and memories.

----
This afternoon, I watched my eight-year-old grandson climb up on a piano bench and play "Up on the House Top" on a grand piano during his piano recital.  I had two reactions:  intense pride at his accomplishment and extreme jealousy that he got to play that beautiful instrument. 

No comments:

Post a Comment