Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Memories - 10

Each year, our local funeral home places a memorial tree at the city museum decorated with the names of those people who died during the year. I took my mother's ornament home with me and there it is on my tree year after year.

Look a bough or two farther along and you find the latest generation.When Evan was two years old, his mother took his photo for this Christmas ornament
She recorded him saying "I love you Grandma. Merry Christmas!" It was so charming I had to show it to a friend after the holidays, but instead of playing the recording, I pushed the little switch the other way and recorded, thereby erasing my grandson's voice.

The next year, Tisha had three-year-old Evan record the same message and Chris but a bit of electrical tape on the ornament so I can't record over it.

I think Evan was in kindergarten or preschool when he made this star with the music for "Silent Night". Now he is taking piano lessons.  I expect a year from now he'll be able to play the song.

Will I live long enough to place a great-grandchild's offerings on my tree?




No comments:

Post a Comment