Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christmas Memories - 9

I think Chris was still young when my youngest sister gave me Twelve Days of Christmas ceramic ornaments for my tree.



It was easy enough to put them on the tree but when the time came to put them back in the box, there was a problem. I always take the ornaments off before I remove the lights to avoid breakage. Every year, without fail, one of the twelve days is missing.  Sometimes I find that one under the tree, sometimes Gary finds it when he finally is taking the tree down.  Yet not a single one of those ornaments is chipped.

One of the charms of Christmas Eve is grandson Evan looking for all twelve. Last year he insisted on getting them in order.

Year after year, the Twelve Days are there giving me grief.  I even had to search for ten minutes to photograph these three!

***
Last minute shoppers:  all my books are available at Amazon.com.  E-books, too!
The Glen Valley Compact
Decades of Love and Other Disasters
Yesterday's Secrets, Tomorrow's Promises
Black Coffee Fiction, volume 1 (with Wade Peterson)
Black Coffee Fiction, volume 2 (with Bettyann Moore and Wade Peterson)


No comments:

Post a Comment