Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas Memories - 11 - Angels

A continuing theme around my memory tree is the angel.

My friend Elizabeth Miller of Invercargill, New Zealand used to send me an angel every Christmas though the increased cost of air mail brought an end to it. One of my favorites is this naked baby angel:

Somewhere on the tree is an angel made almost completely of paper clips (can't find it right now) that I think also came from Liz.

This ornament came from my oldest sister who gave me quite a few crocheted and knitted ornaments:
I don't remember who gave me this angel but I think it might have come from my friend Susan.

For years, I looked for a tree topper.  I tried spires and fancy ribbons but they never fit very well. Then two years ago at an after Christmas sale, I found this angel.
 I think I spent 25 cents on it. It is cheap, but because it is seven feet up, it is fine unless someone climbs a ladder for a better look.

***

Wade Peterson wrote another Christmas story which will help the reader avoid overeating during the holidays. We do try to provide a public service:
http://blackcoffeefiction.blogspot.com/2013/12/pick-your-poison.html

No comments:

Post a Comment