Friday, November 8, 2013

More Writing News

I am writing more and more about writing projects these days, but then that is my life at the moment.

During National Novel Writing Month, I didn't start anything new but I am making an effort to finish two books I original wrote as rough drafts during NaNoWriMos in previous years.

I got The Glen Valley Compact proof copy today.  It is full of errors, most of them small, a couple of big ones. I expected that. The question is, can I repair them without ordering a second proof copy?    

If I can finish the job by Monday, I'll order a dozen books and start getting them out to venues.

I do like the cover.

I'm in the middle of the third re-write of Chapter 4 (of 16) of Going Down from Gairloch.  This is going much better than I expected though I know that there are some problems toward the end of the book.  Again, I want this done by the end of November.

I'm waiting for the author's copies of Black Coffee Fiction, Volume 2: Now With 33% More Caffeine. I expect them by Monday at the latest.  These, too, have to go to various venues.

As soon as all of the paperbacks are in place I have to get The Glen Valley Compact, Going Down from Gairloch, and Decades of Love and Other Disasters and perhaps Seriously Depressing Christmas Stories into e-mail format. I want to do these all at once so I don't have to re-learn the tricks over and over. Once I get the format for one down, the other three should follow quickly.

***
Meanwhile at our Black Coffee Fiction blog, Bettyann Moore has published her latest Porpoise McAllister story.....
http://blackcoffeefiction.blogspot.com/2013/11/popper.html

and Wade Peterson is also using NaNoWriMo to write revisions for his novel.  He describes it in his own blog, It's a Long Way to the Top.

http://wadepeterson.wordpress.com/2013/11/01/happy-nanowrimo/

So we scriveners are busy scribbling.


No comments:

Post a Comment