Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Back in Shape

Gary and are setting ourselves a schedule.  On Monday, Wednesday and Friday, we intend to go to the high school to  the fitness center to lift weights and use the recumbant bikes.  On Tuesdays and Thursdays, we'll go swimming at the Olympic sized pool at the aquatic center.

The Seymour School District has a special rate for old timers like us:  $35 a year for pool and fitness center privileges. We both have our cards, but because we've both been busy, we haven't taken much advantage of that this year. First Gary was with his aunt in Illinois. I was driving back and forth taking care of an aged cat here in Seymour and helping out on the Illinois farm.

After his aunt died, Gary returned here, but there was gardening, soon to be followed by camping. By then Rascal had taken his last trip to the veterinarian. It meant that I could stay for days at the campground without having to drive back and forth. And of course, there was my tour around Lake Superior.  When we finally were home at the beginning of October, I began to work on my mystery novel.  I hadn't been swimming since May.  Gary hadn't used any of the facilities since November 2012.

After days of sitting in front of this computer, I found myself with a weight gain.  Worse, I was losing muscle tone.  Gary said he was having the same trouble. Time to do something about that.

So yesterday, he went to the fitness center.  I had minor stomach problems so couldn't go.  Today I went swimming, but he was busy clearing the garage and didn't make it either.

Tomorrow, we will get back on track.  Really.



No comments:

Post a Comment