Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Still Working at It.

More on the mystery novel:

My reader said that somewhere I had used the name "Agnes" instead of "Shirley" for the name of the assistant librarian.  Also, the librarian's car was a Pontiac Grand Am but somewhere in the novel, for some reason, she was driving a Toyota. I think all the names are correct now.

I had to change the children's story-time to Wednesday and added a second story-time. Throughout most of the book there is a space after each paragraph ... except when there isn't.  I have to go over that page by page.

I still haven't figured out the headers. I designed a nice one but for some reason it goes on the top of every page in the book including the title page.  The page numbers aren't working at all.  I probably don't have a program that will do the trick.  Instead I will do the page numbers and headers manually.  The book is over 200 pages long so that will take a while.

Today I found a photo of a white garbage truck for the cover. It fits the story perfectly, but apparently doesn't have enough pixels.  I'll have to work on that, too.

So much of today I was spinning my wheels.

*****

It was a good time for Gary to pull me away for a Chinese meal downtown. I liked that.

And I was able to get out for a walk despite the cold weather and was able to add one mile to my imaginary round the world trip. As of today, I've walked 19,105 miles. I am in Zurich, Switzerland.  My next goal is Dijon, France. I hope to be there by the end of the year.  Only France, England, Scotland, Iceland and then I will be back walking in the United States.  

No comments:

Post a Comment