Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Announcing The Glen Valley Compact

Tonight I finished the final edit of The Glen Valley Compact! It was a twelve hour day of writing but the job is done.

I've sent the book to Wade who thinks he can get the header and page number problems worked out.  He thinks it's only a matter of fifteen minutes.  Once those problems are worked out, it will be time to send the book to Create Space for publication.  After about three days, Create Space will tell me if the book is ready to go.  I will order a proof copy which will take about ten days to get here.

Then once more I will read through the book to see if I can find more errors. (I probably will.) If all goes well, I give the go ahead to Create Space. A few days after that, I will be able to order some books.  I should have my first shipment in time for December 7 when I will be at Sissy's to sign books.

At the same time as I was doing this, Wade made the decision to go ahead and publish our second short story paperback Black Coffee Fiction: 33% More Caffeine.  It is place-marked at amazon.com so in about three days, readers can go ahead and order it.  The e-book has been available for the last two weeks.

With that out of the way, I can now finish up another short story for our website:
http://blackcoffeefiction.blogspot.com

Then I go back to my next novel. At the end of 2013, I figure on having eight of my books on the shelf in this office.  That includes two children's books, three short story collections, and three novels.

It's been a good writing year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment