Saturday, October 5, 2013

Calendars

Gary and I have a dry ink calendar on the refrigerator.  We are supposed to write down all our appointments and plans for the week on it. Because we weren't home for most of the summer and were almost always together, we stopped using it. Now that we're home, I dusted it off, erased old messages and started to set up our new schedule. There's only one problem with that. Neither of us have a schedule for the next week or so since we were planning on camping until October 14.

A blank calendar for over a week!  Now what should I do with that?

For one thing, I should get back to the aquatic center to do some knee exercises. Of course, that is good only if none of the lifeguards have read my story at Black Coffee Fiction. It's about an old woman who talks too much ... and that's based on me. It's a two part story, so readers will have to wait to see if I wind up killing myself.  (Not literally, you understand. It's fiction.) Still, one doesn't like to give those lifeguards ideas.

I did mark down a book talk at the Manawa library on the evening of October 16.

I finally picked up my 2014 notepad calendar, the one with the Sudoku puzzles. I am disappointed though because the last three years, the calendars had plenty of space for writing down notes, appointments, and lists of projects. Half of the 2014 calendar is taken up with the date, printed in blue.  I can't understand why that would be.  The date was clear enough before, plus it is also on the computer. I'll probably look for a new calendar come 2015 or even learn to use the calendar on my cellphone.

It is nice to mark some fun things for the new year on a new calendar. I have the trip to Hawaii on it already. The national forests open about May 15. When Ranger Rick had to shut down Laura Lake campground, he gave us national forest coupons for five nights of camping.   Because we tend to misplace such things, I carefully put them in a safe place but noted the place on May 5 on the calendar. There's the sturgeon guard and the crane count, too, come April.

The theme for the 2014 summer reading program is a nationwide theme and it has to do with science. It sounds like a fun theme for the kids but it doesn't scream, "Get me a storyteller."  I don't expect to do tour so the summer looks wide open, unless I decide to go to one of the southern states. At the moment, the summer is wide open. We will be looking for a new house then. If we are successful, we'll be moving into new quarters and clearing this house to put it up for sale.

I plan on writing at least two more books in 2015, too.

The calendars will fill up soon enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment