Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Next Book

The next Black Coffee Fiction collection of short stories will be divided into three sections, each quite different.  Wade's stories will be about Michael and Corncob, two misfit guys who happen to have extraordinary powers of often less than useful types. We're talking science fantasy here.

Betty's writes about about Porpoise McAllister, another misfit, with stories that range from his childhood to young adulthood. This past year we've learned about his odd family and how it affects him and now the stories will be in the book.

My section of the book will be about a misfit city of Glen Valley where nobody seems to be happy and people have a tendency to die in odd ways. That is what I worked on today. While all eight of the stories were in the the Black Coffee Fiction blog http://blackcoffeefiction.blogspot.com  I had the original documents in various places: on this computer, on the notebook computer,and on CDs and flash drives. I had to locate all of them, revise and edit, and get each story to Wade who is putting the book together.

This was complicated by my having a new word processing system and by Gary "improving" things on the computer. He installed not one, but two anti virus programs and unfortunately, they worked at cross purposes. None of the stories I tried to send to Wade as attachments would go through.

Luckily, I have my own personal "techie", my son Chris.  He, Tisha and Evan came over to take me to lunch and afterwards, Chris corrected everything in a matter of minutes. It took me only four hours to finish up my section of the book and send it to Wade.

Now we have to iron out things like the cover, the format, and whose stories go first.  Wade will do our e-book first.  I expect that will be done in two weeks.  It is my hope that we have the paperback version done and in hand by October 12 when I have a book signing in Florence, Wisconsin, to be followed by another at Manawa on October 16.

This will be my fourth book in a year. I hope to have yet another in January, 2014.


No comments:

Post a Comment