Monday, September 9, 2013

Book Review

When I left Lake Ottawa last week, I left a copy of my romance novel with Anita, our camp host.  She said she read Danielle Steel novel's so I figured she wouldn't be too offended by the sex scenes in Yesterday's Secrets, Tomorrow's Promises.

Today I was only back at the campground an hour when Anita drove up in her pickup.  I went out to meet her.  She said she was afraid to come up to the door because Gary and I might be in bed.  Oh, I said, it's too late for a nap, but that wasn't what she meant.  She was here to review the book.

"I learned a few new moves," she said.

"Oh," I said.  "I see."

"Now exactly where was that place on the neck?"  she asked.

She meant that hot spot that men nibble on to get women excited.  She rubbed her neck to see if she had it figured out.

She said she read the book to the end and enjoyed it.

That was the best book review I've ever had but now she wants to know when my next book is coming out. No sex in that one, it's mostly murders.  Well, maybe she'll like that, too.  We'll see.

Oh, have I mentioned that Anita is 82?  But as I said to her, we all remember what it's all about.. She had five children so must have been plenty frisky.

I tell Gary that now we have to live up to my reputation.  He rolls his eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment