Thursday, July 11, 2013

Packing Clothes

It was time to do the laundry and get all my clothes packed for the tour. By tonight, I was done. 

Instead of suitcases, I use bins and crates which remain in the Subaru.  I pull out what I need and go into the tent to change. 

The orange crate holds several pairs of shoes from water slippers to dress shoes. 

The first green bin is filled with camping clothes, mostly tee-shirts, jeans and shorts. Next comes performance dresses, four of them because my performances come in bunches, three or four of them during two or three days, then a hiatus of three days before plunging in again. I know I'll have to stop to do laundry mid-way through the trip. 

The last bin is filled with underwear, pajamas, and swimwear, topped with a towel. I carry moist towelettes instead of a wash cloth and soap.  

The bins and crates of clothing go behind the driver's seat, beside the sleeping area I wrote about yesterday.  
Tomorrow, I work on the tour paperwork and pack it in a big canvas file bag with books I intend to read, Sibley's bird book, binoculars, my journal, a sketchbook and pencils, the notebook computer and the cameras.  That will go on the floor on the passenger side of the Subaru where I can get at it whenever I stop for a while.  The maps will be on the passenger seat along with my purse. I'll tune the autoharp and slide it behind the driver's seat. 

On Saturday morning, I'll place toothpaste, shampoo and other toiletries in a bag which goes behind the passenger seat.  I'll put dried food, tea, cappuccino mix, and instant oatmeal into another crate.  Then I'll stop at the grocery store for fresh fruit and veggies to nibble on as I drive, fill my water bottle, and I'll be on my way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment