Monday, July 8, 2013

More Planning

My Circle Tour itinerary is almost done. It includes the performances, the camping spots, the friends I want to visit, the miles between, the money I will make and the money I expect to spend.  I know where I intend to purchase gasoline.  Gary already has found the most reasonable prices along the way.

So what is left?

Fun.

Today we checked out each location along the way for festivals, celebrations, and interesting sites.

The very first day I expect to stop at Escanaba, Michigan, celebrating a Sesquicentennial (150 years). I will be passing through on Saturday so I might as well spend two or three hours there before going on to my first campground. I will walk along the shore of Lake Huron, talk to locals, and feast on festival food.

On Monday, I'll be on Drummond Island.  The librarians have insisted that I have a hostess who will drive me around and show me everything.  I will be at the edge of Lake Huron, another shore to explore.

Two days later I will be in Sault Ste Marie in Ontario, Canada for two performances.  I should leave early on the 19th, but we found out that tall ships will be sailing into the harbor that day. I won't have time to go on board, but I plan to be on the shore of Lake Superior watching them come in before I travel on to Lake Superior Provincial Park and the Crescent Lake campground.

By the 21st I must be in Schreiber for another festival, Heritage Days, where I will be one of the featured performers.

When I return on July 27, the Seymour County Fair will be winding down.

But that is not the end of planning.  Now I am looking at campground maps looking for trails to hike.  I also need to find wi fi centers to continue this blog and keep up with e-mail.  I've started planning my October and winter tours so must be available to librarians who are interested in my services.  I'll be traveling through heavily forested areas with poor communication.  I'll mark libraries, restaurants, and coffee houses that might have wi fi.

Today Gary aired out my tent.  On Wednesday, I'll begin packing gear.

Then there's making out set lists, tuning my autoharp, preparing performance dresses, and getting a haircut.

Everything will be done by Friday...because it must be.


No comments:

Post a Comment