Monday, March 25, 2013

More on Writing

This morning I set to work again. I went through the book again, removed one short story and replaced it with another.  I sent the whole thing to Create Space again.  Now half the page numbers were on top of the page instead of the bottom.  If they had all been on the top that would have been fine, but I wanted consistency.

I revised it again. This time it looked pretty good and the interior was probably OK. Now it was time to design the cover.

In the middle of the night I remembered a very old photo, one that Gary took one year around this time of year.  I had kept it on this computer all these years because I liked it for some reason.


It would be perfect for the cover for this book. However, when I sent it to Create Space I got the response that it didn't have the right number of pixels or whatever they call them.  The resolution wasn't good enough.  Yet here it is on this blog and it seems fine. I instructed them to try anyhow. Tomorrow I will get the approval or disapproval from Create Space.  If approved, the book goes to the next step:  a proof copy that will arrive here in around ten days.

If I were willing to wait a week, the vinca will be blooming in the exact same place. I could just take take another photo with a better camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment