Monday, February 11, 2013

Hattiesburg, Mississippi

This morning a tornado hit Hattiesburg, Mississippi.  I was in Hattiesburg eight days ago. Not only that, I was wandering in the area that was hit.

I drove down Highway 198, Hardy Street.  I immediately began to wonder about the fabulous Hattiesburg library, Oaklawn cemetery, the place where I bought the po-boy, the school yard where I ate it.  Were they still there?  I put out the query and soon had an answer.  That area was safe.  The tornado hit a few blocks away.

Not so the University of Southern Mississippi which sustained major damage. My motel was adjacent to the University.  I haven't found out if the motel made it through.

No one was hurt and thanks to timing, the tornado missed me, too.

***

Writing a weekly short story blog and turning it into a paperback book was easier than trying to figure out the royalties, sales and costs.  It took Wade and I several days to figure out what I owed him after selling books on the tour, ordering a new set of books, and then subtracting the royalties he owes me.  

It would be so much simpler if our readers would go to Amazon.com and order Black Coffee Fiction directly.


No comments:

Post a Comment