Saturday, January 12, 2013

Food Story

I had it on my calendar for a month, the aquatic center open house.  Besides swimming, there would be chili or chicken booyah, fresh vegetables, and yummy desserts, judging from last year's open house.

But Chris called to say that Evan already had a swimming lesson in the morning, so how about I come in to Appleton and meet them for lunch.  It is Tisha's birthday on Monday and it is part of our family tradition that I take the family out to eat.  Sure, I said, I could always go to the open house later. 

We ate at Happy Joe's.  We ordered our pizza but when the waitress brought the order, it was wrong with the vegetarian and meat halves combined as one.  We were given another pizza, but we got to keep the wrong order, too, which Chris said I should bring home,  It's in my freezer now, separated into six portions. 

Later, Tisha gave me some more food from their freezer, things they bought and never used.  There's turkey, taquitos, skillet meals, and even some Snickers bars.  Snickers are one of the food groups in my estimation. 

Since Gary's been in Illinois, I have been using up some of the food we bought to eat together.  There are stir fries, pizzas, packaged dinners.  We have two turkeys, one of them sixteen pounds.  I have around two dozen individual containers of soup.  There are bags of vegetables from my garden and the farmers market.  All of this is in the a big freezer in the basement. 

With everything in the refrigerator, cupboards and freezer, there is plenty to eat. I am spending about $10 a week on food, mostly on fresh fruit.  

I came home too late for swimming, filled with pizza, and sleepy.  Instead of going to the open house, I went down for a nap. 

I skipped supper.  




No comments:

Post a Comment