Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Another Day

Wade and I have been friends since we met in a Fox Valley Technical College writing course a few years ago.  We admired each other's writing.  We set up a critique group.  Others drifted away, others drifted in to the group, but we stayed.  In time, we set up our weekly short story blog, Black Coffee Fiction http://blackcoffeefiction.blogspot over a year ago and this past fall published our best stories on Amazon.com as an e-book and later put it into print form.

Today Wade and I met with Nikki at the Copper Rock coffee shop. We hadn't seen each other since mid-December.

We'll meet again next week but then I head down to Mississippi and Wade moves with his family to Arkansas.  We will try to keep our blog going and I'm sure we'll have Skype meetings, but I will miss him.

At today's meeting, Wade explained how to put my romance novel into print. He did all the work on our collection.  He told me it's a lot easier than the e-book and thought I could it done in three days. If I can do that, I should be able to get it to amazon.com and get a proof back before I head south and order copies of the romance to be ready for a signing mid-February.

I am hoping that I will get to see Wade at the end of February when he comes back to Appleton.  We are going to be teaching a workshop for Fox Valley Technical College on creating a short story blog.

It's a full circle.  We met at Fox Valley Tech and we'll end up at Fox Valley Tech.

But I hope it doesn't end there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment