Thursday, September 27, 2012

One Darn Thing After Another

Being a millionaire will never be in the cards for me.  I am one of Romney's 47 percent.  Today is an example of why we forty-seven percenters can't get ahead.

On August 13 I had a nosebleed that wouldn't stop and finally got an ambulance ride to the emergency room. I'm on Medicare so I had to wait to see how much the bills would be after that entitlement kicked in.  The final bills arrived this morning and after Medicare, I owed only $250.

I paid the final bills this morning and figured the next step would be to arrange for the cauterization of the polyps that remained.

An hour later my mechanic reported that what I thought were minor repairs were not so minor.  The brakes, rotors, and the gas tank had to be replaced for a total cost of $1,200.  The work has to be done since the car is overall in good shape and I couldn't replace it at this point. I said go ahead, but it meant I had to put off my camping trip a day.

The car bills will take a while, but I should be even by the end of January.

OK, so the car should be done by tomorrow.  My plan was to have everything packed and ready and then I would head to the Upper Peninsula to join Gary at Lake Ottawa.

I was finishing the laundry and packing clothes when once again, the nose began to bleed.  This time it was a brief bleed but it still means the cauterization should be done soon and even more bills.   For certain, it has to be done before I head to Illinois on October 9. I will call the doctor in the morning and get the process started and figure on paying everything off by March.

Mitt Romney says there's a safety net and I'd like to know where mine is.

So here I am, wondering whether I should go meet Gary tomorrow? If  I do, I will carry two boxes of Kleenex and three rolls of toilet paper and mark every clinic from here to Iron River on the map just to be on the safe side.

And remember that it's always one darn thing after another and at least it gives me something to write about.



No comments:

Post a Comment