Monday, January 16, 2012

Games Over

The Games Over! 

The Packers played the Giants at Lambeau Field this afternoon. I did my best by spending the afternoon at the swimming pool, since Gary was convinced that I am a jinx.  I talked to the lifeguards and tried out the exercises I learned yesterday at the aquatic center luau. They do work wonders on my knee. 


But when I returned home the Packers were losing and continued to lose, so my efforts were in vain.The game is over and the team is no longer in the playoffs.  So far as Wisconsin is concerned, the season is over.


I can't say that I am mourning the loss.  


Next weekend is the RV/Camping show at the ShopKo Center and Arena which are adjacent to the Packer Hall of Fame and across the street from Lambeau Field.  If the Packers had won the game today, the whole show would have been moved to some time earlier in the week and parking would have been at a premium.   Now we can go back to the regular schedule.   Gary and I will be there early on Friday to check out the displays and look at all the new camping gear.  It is one of the highlights of our winter.


Facebook will have less Packer patter.  Now the big topic will be Wisconsin politics and the recall election.   From there we'll go on to the primary elections and in the fall the Presidential election.  There will be happy posts from family and friends.  Come spring, I'll be noting the avian arrivals and the latest spring flowers.   


Yes, I am not unhappy about the Packer loss.  Life can go on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment