Thursday, January 19, 2012

Brrrrrr!

This morning I woke up to a temperature of -3 degrees F - 17 degrees C.  The highest temperature here was 6 degrees F.  Gary and I went nowhere for most of the day.

On the plus side, I did a lot of work on my novel, finishing the 3rd draft of Chapter 5. I should have the entire novel ready to turn over to a reader by the end of March at the rate I am going.

I sent e-mails to twenty Michigan libraries asking them to look at Black Coffee Fiction http://blackcoffeefiction.blogspot.com  I've been sending these messages to libraries asking them to have their adult book clubs take a look at the site.  I would be willing talk to the clubs by Skype.  I know that the libraries and their patrons do look after my e-mails because we get a number of "hits" when I do this.

Gary went off to a meeting.  I had no intention of going anywhere, but finally I needed to get out and stretch my legs.  I went to ShopKo, our new store and walked around and around and around, finally buying some Christmas bags marked down by 90 percent.  Next I went over to the church where I walked around the big fellowship hall and practiced the piano a bit.

Now I am home, about to do some yoga to stretch out aching joints.

Cold is not nice but in spite of the weather, two of the daffodils I forced earlier in the month have put out sprouts.  Tonight, I will plant the final bulbs and put them out on a window ledge.

I continue to count down to spring.  It's only 62 days away.

No comments:

Post a Comment