Sunday, January 2, 2011

No Regrets Today...but Tomorrow?

This was the last day of holiday feasting, with my son and his family coming to dine on my scalloped potatoes and ham.  I used a new Nesco roaster, so I was doing experimental cooking, made more complicated because I had to prepare the meal, turn the roaster on low, then go to church to direct the choir through a rehearsal and a church service.  Throughout the sermon, I had no spiritual awakening, just a concern in the back of my brain about how that meal was progressing.  I watched my watch and was happy we had a guest pastor who knew the benefits of a short service. I scurried out to the car with no good-byes.  

All was well, the main course cooked to perfection.  Then came the dessert of ice cream and cookies.

Tomorrow starts a full month of penance at the fitness center.  

No comments:

Post a Comment