Monday, January 3, 2011

Getting in shape

Today we began our post-holidays exercise regimen.  We did some walking, though the weather was really too cold.  Gary used the treadmill, but I found it too noisy.  I prefer to brave the elements and headed downtown where the stores serve as a windbreak. I can do this as long as the temperature is 20 degrees F. or more.  Next I started to yoga practice but I couldn't find the yoga mat I keep in the car.  I searched all over and finally began to think I'd left it behind at the nursing home, where the practice is held.  Sure enough it was there in lost and found.  I retrieved it  and made the 4:00 pm practice.  

This evening, we went to the fitness center at the high school and worked out for forty minutes on the weight machines.  My goal is to be able to lift one of our canoes by myself come spring.  I have a long way to go.  

Tonight, a few minutes on the exercise bicycle.  I'll sleep well tonight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment