Saturday, January 8, 2011

Frustrations!

I'm working on creating an e-book for Kindle usage, using a romance novel I wrote almost 25 years ago.  For someone who is as technically un-savvy as me, this is a major undertaking and an exercise in frustration. I worked the book to the point of downloading it to the website, then the website crashed.  I went back and did the work again and got it as far as the download, but when I previewed how it would look at Kindle, I found  had lost the paragraph indentations and learned that I had to remove the headers that were in the original manuscript.

After four hours of work, I am stuck and will put it off for another day.

At any rate, the novel was never a serious work, written under a pen name, so I look at it as a learning experience.   In the end, I may turn out to be an expert on this kind of thing and will be able to publish book after book under my own name.  Maybe.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment