Thursday, January 6, 2011

Change of Plans

This morning, Heather Innes Skyped from Stirling, Scotland.  She and I go a long way back to the time I arranged a house concert for her here in Seymour.   Several years after that, I was in Scotland and she kindly took me around the Highlands as far as Gairloch.   There we stayed at a bed and breakfast lighthouse keeper's cottage during the summer solstice.  We were so far north, the sun never really set.  It was the beginning of a series of adventures that I journaled then fictionalized into a novel, now in its third re-write. I hope to have it complete by end end of May.

About eight years ago, Heather was back in Wisconsin with her Irish friend Jacynth Hamill, singing a capella Celtic music as Caim.  They did not have many bookings so I told them next time around  to let me know and I would be their agent.  It worked out very well two years later and we did it again a year after that.  Now they are coming back for the third time under my wing.  I've arranged twelve venues for them here in northeast Wisconsin.

They were to start this trip in Florida, a tour that another agent was to have organized. The plan was for me to drive down and pick them up mid-February, a nice mid-winter relief mission for me.  Oh, how I was looking forward to a week in the sunny South!   Unfortunately, he never did the leg work, and that end of the tour has been cancelled.  They are coming directly to Wisconsin instead.

I will cheerfully take care of them here, but I am thinking now of driving down to some place warm at the end of January or the beginning of February.   Is there time to organize a mini-tour for myself?   I'll make a decision by next week.

 No matter how it turns out, I want to go to Great Britain in a year or two to visit their two countries.  One trip always seems to lead to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment