Saturday, January 4, 2014

Drugged

After three days surviving on Nyquil and naps, I begin to get a feeling about what it would be life to live in a nursing home.  I wouldn't like it.

It isn't the drugged state I mind, it is the inability to do anything with my brain.  I am stuck on all writing projects.  Today I meant to work on mty 2013 taxes.  Since I didn't do anything that would require me to wait for W-2 forms this year, yet I know I can expect a sizable refund.  If I get it done early in January, I'll have that refund to take with me when I go to Hawaii.

I know that come spring all of this will be gone.  All that is required is sunshine and enough of a higher temperature to go out on walks.  Meanwhile, I live on Nyquil and stay home.  Our January trip to Illinois has been canceled. Will I have recovered enough for jury duty on the 13th?

So I hang on.  Only 74 more days until the equinox.  Until then, it's California Dreamin' by the Mamas and the Papas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-aK6JnyFmk

Surely 2014 has to improve

No comments:

Post a Comment