Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Influenza

I almost never get sick, but I've had the flu enough in my long life to recognize it when it hits.

I woke up this morning at 4:00 knowing I had to scurry down the stairs to reach the bathroom and the toilet. From that point on I was dizzy and oh, so tired.

I didn't really mind getting sick.  It was a perfect excuse to put my feet up and ignore a frigid late December day. We don't go out on New Year's Eve anyhow so we didn't miss anything.  I never saw the point in waking up to a new year with a hangover so I spent my sick day putting the last photos in the scrapbook and setting up the 2014 budget.  We're looking good financially.

My day was spent napping, reading mysteries and watching re-runs on television.  My sweet Gary waited on me, making Jello for my upset stomach, bringing me ice water, cleaning the house and keeping quiet while I slept.  My ensemble for the day was the bathrobe he bought me for Christmas.

When I was awake, I sat in my comfortable lounge chair with sunlight streaming through the window.  Sunshine is the best healer of all. I feel much better now.  Surely I will start 2014 feeling much better.

It is 78 days until spring. Today's summer song is really Jimmy Buffet's birthday song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaKqwvGa6Bw  Because all that New Year's Day marks is "another trip around the sun."









No comments:

Post a Comment